Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Chocolate Viennese Filled Cookies

Most of my cooking and baking have a bit of a healthy twist. This is one exception. The only healthy thing about these is that they are made with all organic ingredients.

I usually do a lot of baking around the holidays. There are a couple delicacies that win the popular vote. The one baked item I get asked for more than any other is the viennese cookies. I have no idea why they are called viennese cookies and don't know if the recipe comes from Vienna. I do know that they are delicious. I do know they are addictive. I do know that I licked my fingers and the bowl and the broken ones so much that I woke up with a sugar hangover.

The recipe starts with a chocolate shortbread type cookie that is piped out and baked.

Dark chocolate is melted so that one edge of each cookie can be dipped.


The filling is flavored with espresso which gives such a nice coffee balance to the dark chocolate and the sweetness of the cream filling.

Now they're ready for gifting and for munching. They freeze well too!

If you want the recipe, post a comment requesting it, and I will gladly post it.

No comments: