Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Vegetable Lasagna


This is such a great standby for us. I find it pretty easy to put together and everyone always loves it!

I start by mixing the cheese layer in a bowl. I use two containers of organic ricotta, a bag of frozen chopped spinach, 2 eggs and 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.

I start layering the lasagna with a jarred organic spagetti sauce ladled on the bottom of a glass casserole dish. I place a layer of noodles next. I use rice lasagna noodles, but only Tinkyada brand. Any others I've tried are mushy and have a horrendous texture. I place the noodles on the sauce without precooking them - as simple as possible.

Then I spoon 1/2 of the ricotta mixture over the noodles and spread evenly. I pulled whatever veggies I could find in the fridge to chop and add on top of the ricotta layer (carrots, green beans and mustard greens), then more sauce, another layer of noodles, the rest of the ricotta mixture, more sauce, the last layer of noodles, topped with sauce and some parmesan sprinkled on top.

Bake at 400 for about 50 minutes or until the noodles are cooked through.



No comments: