Sunday, September 7, 2008

What's for dinner



Tonight we roasted the fingerling potatoes in the oven with some olive oil, baby red onions and salt. We accompanied them with sauteed okra and cooked collards. I sliced up a beautiful orange pepper to add color to the plate. All the vegetables are organic and local from my csa.



Due to an abundance of 'horse apples' from the csa, I made some apple muffins from this recipe:

http://thecrepesofwrath.wordpress.com/2008/08/25/apple-nut-oatmeal-muffins

I doubled the recipe and substituted 3/4 c. almond meal, 3/4 c. coconut flour, 1/3 c. spelt flour, 1/3 c. oat flour, 1/3 c. oat flour, 1 c. ap flour for the flour. I also substituted 3/4 c. agave for the sugar. I left out the nuts and raisins, b/c my kids don't like either in their muffins.


They taste great. They are very light, just a tad crumbly due to the flour exchanges, but really really good. No one noticed the difference with the different flours, while they usually complain after the first bite. Now . . . if I can just maintain texture without the ap flour.

No comments: