Thursday, July 15, 2010

Twice Baked Potatoes and Tabouli



When my daughter came home from camp, she requested twice-baked potatoes and tabouli.

These are foods she ate when she was younger, and I haven't made either in years.

The potatoes are baked, then hollowed out. The insides are mixed with a stick of butter, chopped fresh herbs (whatever I have in my garden), chopped scallions and a chopped raw onion. I mixed in a little sour cream and seasoned with salt and pepper.

After the mixture is scooped back into the potato skins, they are baked again, giving the nice golden brown tops.


For the tabouli, I soaked the bulgur wheat until soft. I then proceeded to chop and chop and chop. I used 2 tomatoes, 2 cucumbers, a bunch of parsley and 4 scallions. I made a dressing with fresh squeezed lemon juice and olive oil and some freshly ground salt and pepper.


No comments: