Saturday, November 22, 2008

Dominoes, you got served

When I did not feel like making anything for dinner, my kids started chanting, "pizza, pizza, pizza!"

Since the only pizza out here in the boonies is either Dominoes (eww) or a local place called N.Y. Pizza, which is even worse, I know. Yes, it is possible. I had to resort to desperate measures.

So, I looked in the fridge at the organic raw cheddar that was calling my name. I also thought about the organic pink lady apples I had bought that were the perfect balance of tart to sweetness. How could I bring these two ingredients together without any effort? Throw in some organic whole grain bread from a local bakery - using the raisin and the plain versions!

These grilled cheese apple sandwiches that I baked in the oven (to avoid the whole effort of standing at the stove) were orgasmic. They encompassed the pizza effect of melty cheese, a little bit greasy, a little bit of crispy crust, balanced by acid - amazing.

No comments: